100% Cotton Handmade Face Masks
$8 ea + shipping -- email to order: email@example.com
**NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS ON MASKS**
I can assure you one thing... I never (ever) thought I'd be in the small creative business of making masks for community wearing during a pandemic. I am by no means a mask expert...but who is really!?? This is what I CAN tell you...I've donated over 100 masks to family, neighbors and friends, researched and trialed many different patterns and styles, changed the design a dozen times (or more), adjusted measurements to fit all sizes and shapes of ears and heads, ultimately to land on what I feel is the most comfortable style of mask at a reasonable price. I realize there is risk involved with a purchase since there is no way to try it on, but I am happy to discuss sizing prior to ordering.
- Pleated style mask with two layers of 100% cotton fabric
- A filter layer (dried unscented baby wipe) is sewn in between the two cotton layers
- 1/4" flat elastic ear pieces sewn in, designed for comfortable, community wearing
- I recommend hand washing after each use with dish detergent and hot water. They can be machine washed but may not hold shape after several washings. Low iron pleats only, if needed.
- I do ship and will quote you a shipping price once I know how many you'd like to order and shipping address. Usually standard shipping is between $2-4 for 1-5 masks.
- Local (Dayton, OH) contactless pick ups are possible, we can discuss details when you order.
- Child - suitable for most elementary school aged children
- Teen/XS - suitable for most pre-teen, early adolescent age or small adults
- Standard - male and female sizes suitable for most adults (however, males have been more varied)
- Large - longer elastic pieces and slightly wider fabric than the standard size
I am also offering masks with knit fabric ear pieces (non-adjustable, but allow for more pull than the elastic) in only the standard size. Because these are stretchier, they may not hold shape after several washings.
If you're unsure of sizing, there are other styles I've seen with adjustable straps or fabric ties. I have chosen to make this pleated style of mask with fitted elastic straps, vs masks that have ties because I simply don't want to mess with a tie coming undone while I'm in a store, it slipping off the back of my head, or worrying about pony tail placement (you long-haired girls know what I mean!) I'd definitely suggest cruising around other pages and sites to compare styles and pricing.
DISCLAIMER: CDC recommends cloth mask wearing to "help slow the spread of Covid-19". This cloth mask is not intended to act as a medical device or medical product and I make no claim that this mask prevents infection or transmission of Covid-19 or any other virus.